Open education is an exciting new approach to education that eliminate barriers to access: cost, place, time, language, proficiency, etc. In the last 10 years, we have witnessed an unprecedented adoption and growth of the open education philosophy. Colleges and universities, nonprofit and forprofit organizations, public institutions, governments, international organizations, and most importantly millions of individuals across the globe have been engaged in creating, using and sharing open educational resources (OER), each in their own way.
What does this mean to you? Come to this workshop to learn:
○ How to search for free resources
○ How to find the right model for your needs
○ How to use OER to leverage your professional or academic career
○ What are the risks associated with OER
○ How to enrich your life and expand your horizons!
Local Time: March 14, 2013 19.00-20.00 PDT